Passport to Manhood
Passport to Manhood represents a targeted effort to engage young boys in discussions and activities that reinforce character, leadership and positive behavior.
Each participant receives a “passport” to underscore the notion that he is on a personal journey of maturation and growth. Each of the program’s 14 sessions use interactive activities to focus on a specific aspect of character and manhood. It also includes a service project where boys learn the importance of giving back to the community.
GOAL: To teach and promote responsibility, reinforce positive behavior and develop character in adolescent males
WHY: The passage from boyhood to manhood is challenging, requiring adolescent males to understand and manage many issues and transitions. Passport to Manhood addresses critical issues that young men face during this time, such as ethics, decision-making, wellness, ideas about fatherhood,
employment and careers, cooperation and conflict, diversity, relationships and
WHO: Male Club members ages 8-12 and 13-17
WHAT: Passport to Manhood is a 14-session program that concentrates on specific aspects of manhood through highly interactive activities. Each Club member participant is issued his own “passport” to underscore his personal journey of maturation and growth. One session is conducted each week, with each activity to be completed within 30 to 45 minutes.
• Session I Introductory Session
• Session II Understanding Manhood
• Session III Self-Esteem and Identity
• Session IV Values in Personal Decision-Making
• Session V Academic Success
• Session VI Healthy Lifestyles
• Session VII Responses to Authority
• Session VIII Relationships with Girls
• Session IX Fatherhood and the Family
• Session X Employment and Careers
• Session XI Diversity
• Session XII Cooperation and Conflict
• Session XIII Personal Leadership and Community Responsibility
• Session XIV Graduation: From Boys to Men
Big week around here! Congrats to our Youth of the Year, Chassidy and Junior Youth of the Year, Riley! Can't wait to see you shine at this year's Great Futures Celebration! #FridayMotivation